Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tuna Tortellini Gratin (by Cheesy Diva)

I assure you this meal is Yumm-O! I will be preparing this dish for our monthly DTD Supper Club tonight. However, I made some earlier this week to ensure the yumminess of it first. Technically, I'm not a fan of tuna - however - this isn't "tuna-y" at all. Plus, the tortellini has CHEESE in it. You all know how I love my cheese!


*Picture taken from Google Images*


What You Need:
1 ¼ pounds cooked tortellini
2 – 6 ounce cans tuna
½ cup red bell pepper
½ cup onion
½ jar Alfredo sauce
½ jar of Marina sauce
½ cup white wine
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 tables spoons olive oil


Putting the pasta together:
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the bread crumbs and oil and stir. Transfer the mixture to the prepared backing dish (coated with nonstick cooking spray). Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top of each baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.

To Freeze:
Put tortellini/tuna mixture into large plastic bag – seal tightly. Put bread crumbs into another small bag – seal tightly. When ready to cook, thaw at room temperature before cooking as directed below.

After Freezing:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, until bubbly. Remove the foil and slide the dish under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.


2 comments:

  1. Hey E! It's Joy!
    I've been meaning to check out your blog since you emailed about it and finally got around to it now that we're on spring break!
    I'm digging the recipes, and although I already have a fantastic spring break menu lined up for the week, I will be trying some of these next week! I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Joy!!!! All recipes are the best of the best. I miss you.

    E

    ReplyDelete