Friday, March 5, 2010

Chicken "Margarita" Burgers

Last night I made the most delicious burgers ever- and I don’t even like burgers that much. I will definitely be making these again! I found the original recipe on Annie’s Eats blog but made some modifications based on what I had on hand. I didn’t have any jalapeno peppers and I had a premade Cuervo gold margarita mix (with tequila in it) rather than straight up tequila… Ok, actually I had some pretty fancy tequila but after 10 minutes of struggling I realized I was never going to get the top off. So I gave up and made the change:-)You could sauté some onions and peppers and serve it on a bun with those and lettuce. I did not have onions or peppers… or lettuce. I just used hamburger buns, (light) mayonnaise, and –because a true Dinner Time Diva knows no culinary borders- I threw a little Asian flare in and add some Thai Sweet Chili sauce as a topping. Mmmm… I will not tell you how many I ate. ;-)Enjoy!

Chicken Tequila Margarita Burgers

Ingredients
2 gloves garlic, minced
½ - 1 chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
1 lb ground chicken
3-4 T chopped cilantro
Some lime juice (I didn’t have any fresh limes)
1 oz margarita/tequila
Dash of soy sauce
Kosher salt
Ground Black Pepper
½ C panko bread crumbs

Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Combine the garlic, jalapeno, chicken, and cilantro in the bowl. Then add in tequila, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and panko bread crumbs and mix until well blended.
Form the mixture into 4-6 patties and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Broil the burgers for about 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking to brown both sides. Check for doneness before serving. I also added cheese to a few and broiled a minute or two longer. Serve on buns with whatever toppings you are craving.

I would love to be able to show you pictures of MY burgers, but you will soon discover that presentation is not my strong suit. This picture above is from Annie’s Eats, so lets just pretend mine looked like that, ok?




1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you should be "wine and liquor" diva? The recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete