Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baked Lemon Pasta

This recipe is from my hero, The Pioneer Woman (or P-Dub, as those of us who are especially close to her call her). I made it last night and it was delicious! I thought about making it for our next Supper Club (for a meatless dish) but I thought there would be a few pasta dishes, so I’m looking at something else.

When I made this, I also cooked and diced a couple of chicken breasts and threw them in when I added the sauce. I also doubled the cheese by adding some before it baked and again AFTER it came out of the oven. (Just trying to do the Cheesy Diva proud.)

Baked Lemon Pasta
1 pound Angel Hair Pasta
4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested
2 cups Sour Cream
½ teaspoons Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
Plenty Of Grated Parmesan Cheese
Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
Extra Lemon Juice

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta until al dente.
In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over LOW HEAT. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.
Add sour cream and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary. Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.

Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. (Don’t bake too long or the pasta will dry out.)

When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end.


Remember that whole “presentation issue” I mentioned. Well here’s P-Dub’s picture:

And here’s mine:


See what I mean? Oh, just wait until I do the same thing for the best chocolate cupcakes ever. It gets WAY worse. But, its about what it tastes like, not what it looks like… Right? Right.


1 comment: