I found this really easy recipe that a bunch of people were raving about on allrecipes.com. I gave it a whirl and it turned out to be a really yummy treat with a good combination of sweet and savory flavors.
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease one 8 inch square pan.
3. Combine the first 5 ingredients.
4. Fold the softened butter into the dry mix until it becomes crumbly.
5. Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
6. Spread the jam within 1/4 inch of the edge.
7. Sprinkle remaining dry mix on top of the jam.
8. Bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Since it has oatmeal and jam, I can eat this for breakfast right?