Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Marinated Steak Kabobs (from Saucy Diva)
[This is a repost of a previous recipe...it was so good we had to have it again!]
This was my contribution for the April DTD meeting. The weather is starting to get nice and these are perfect noms for the grill!
* thanks to www.tasteofhome.com for the great picture!
1/8 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
2 oz lemon lime soda
1 pound beef sirloin steak cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
a variety of veggies and things to "kabob" (I used mushrooms, green peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes, and pineapple)
1. Place meat in a large ziploc bag. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic pepper, and soda in the same bag. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Chop veggies into big pieces.
3. Preheat grill for high heat
4. Assemble kabobs by threading steak and veggies onto a skewer.
5. Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook kabobs on the prepped grill for 10 minutes
or to desired doneness.
Goes great with a cold beer!!