Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cilantro Lime Marinated Pork Tenderloin

This month's theme is Original Recipes. I'm not going to lie, this freaked me out! I am very quick to admit that I'm a chef wannabe. I love to cook, but I'm not at the level of making up my own recipes.

The other night I made a (non-original) chicken with cilantro sauce recipe and liked the flavor so much, I tweeked the sauce recipe to make it marinate and paired it with pork tenderloin...because let's be honest, what ISN'T good with pork tenderloin.

I know that creating a marinade is the equivalent of a baby step, but I hope you enjoy my first attempt at an original recipe.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano

Directions:
1. Mix together the marinade
2. Place pork and marinade in a Ziploc bag, marinate over night
3. Heat grill to medium high
4. Discard marinade and grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice thin.






No comments:

Post a Comment