Monday, August 29, 2011

Bowtie Pasta with Marscapone and Roasted Veggies (from Dessert Diva)

This was my contribution to this month's "Original Recipes" DTD. I don't remember where I first got this recipe, but it has evolved over time. This is definitely one of our go-to recipes when I need a quick and easy dinner.

Ingredients
1 box bowtie pasta
1 head (I don't think that is the correct term, but I don't know what is so I'm going with it) asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
8 oz. marscapone cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Boil pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, lay asapargus and mushrooms on a baking sheet in a flat layer. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until veggies are fork tender. Drain pasta; add veggies and marscapone. Mix well and serve immediately.

This dish is best served immediately. I'm a big "leftovers" person, but these leftovers are kind of blah. If you aren't feeding an army, I would suggest halving the recipe. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment