Monday, December 13, 2010

Egg Souffle (by Dessert Diva)

This souffle is my contribution to our December Supper Club night. The theme this month is Appetizers and Breakfast. This delicious souffle is a tradition at my house. I have eaten this every Christmas morning for as long as I can remember. My mom always prepared two of them for our family, as Christmas morning was the only time she would make it, and we all loved it! We would always eat it after opening our presents. This souffle brings back so many great memories for me...I hope you and the Divas agree that it is delicious! Enjoy!

Ingredients
6 eggs
2 cups milk
4 slices of bread, cubed
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 cup grated cheese (whatever kind you want; I use cheddar)
1 lb. sausage or ham, browned (use whatever you want here)

Directions
Beat eggs; add milk, bread, salt and mustard. Stir. Add cheese and meat. Put in a greased 9x12 pan. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

Feel free to adjust the ingredients to fit the taste of your family. This is such a versatile recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment